Brass Lion Entertainment
You will work closely with the designers to develop our vision for melee combat, either on the enemy AI or on the player character core mechanics and report to our Technical Director. You will share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel. You will be instrumental in helping our design team deliver an outstanding gameplay experience.
- Develop gameplay combat features under Unreal Engine 4, either AI or player control.
- Develop tools for designers to enable them to deliver on our gameplay ambitions.
- Collaborate with programmers to ensure the team is working with stable, efficient and performant technology.
- Drive requirements gathering for gameplay and provide time estimates.
- Participate in defining our game design.
- 3+ years of professional game development experience.
- Strong mathematics, C++
- AI or gameplay experience.
- Good understanding and intuition of game design concepts.
- Self-driven with an ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Authorized to work either in the US or Canada.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Have shipped at least one AAA title.
- Competitive salary.
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work life balance.
- Flexible Work-From-Home options.
- Comprehensive family health coverage.
Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. Brass Lion is a diverse and inclusive environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market – changing the landscape in interactive spaces and beyond. We are currently hard at work on an action RPG with a dope af anime aesthetic for next gen console and PC. We are currently entirely work-from-home during COVID 19, with a mix of a remote and co-located team structure planned when it’s safe to do so. We are headquartered in NYC and Montréal. We’re building a world class team, so even if this role isn’t for you – reach out to us! We want to hear from you.