Brass Lion Entertainment
You will be responsible to implement and support our game online features as well as guiding the gameplay team on networking best practices. You will work in collaboration with developers to ensure our players have a smooth multiplayer experience that lives up to high industry standards and to the quality of our game content. You will share these responsibilities with other network programmers from our team.
- Integrate 1st party online functionalities in our game (ex: match making).
- Guide gameplay programmers on efficient networking implementation.
- Make recommendations on design for connected features.
- Help debugging gameplay networking code.
- Optimize network bandwidth use.
- Define our client-server networking architecture.
- 3+ years of C++ programming experience.
- Experience working with 1st party online services (PSN and or Xbox Live).
- Experience working on a multiplayer game.
- Self-driven with an ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Authorized to work either in the US or Canada.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Shipped a game as a network engineer.
- Competitive salary.
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work life balance.
- Flexible Work-From-Home options.
- Comprehensive family health coverage.
Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. Brass Lion is a diverse and inclusive environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market – changing the landscape in interactive spaces and beyond. We are currently hard at work on an action RPG with a dope af anime aesthetic for next gen console and PC. We are currently entirely work-from-home during COVID 19, with a mix of a remote and co-located team structure planned when it’s safe to do so. We are headquartered in NYC and Montréal. We’re building a world class team, so even if this role isn’t for you – reach out to us! We want to hear from you.