Brass Lion Entertainment
Lead 3D Environment Artist
We are seeking a Lead 3D Environment Artist to work with our talented team, with employees based in NYC & Montréal (and some fully remote), working on our new action-RPG title. The right candidate for this position will work closely with the Art and Design Directors to establish an iconic, stylized look for the next generation of consoles and PC. You will share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel and possess exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas. You will be instrumental in defining a cohesive visual style over the entire project.
- Set the tone for the look and feel of the entire world, working in close concert with project and technical directors.
- Establish quality and technical metrics in collaboration with other departments.
- Lead and motivate the environment team and nurture individual success and goals.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and mastery of our tools and pipeline.
- Work with design to establish rough level layouts in conjunction with the level design team.
- Work with engine and tools teams to brainstorm and demonstrate new technical ideas and solutions.
- Work with Art Director and Art Production manager to create and schedule assets for outsourcing.
- Participate in planning and critiquing of the project and collaborate on solutions to feedback.
- At least 4 years of games industry experience and at least 1 title shipped as Senior or Lead artist.
- Expert knowledge of the various components of an environment art pipeline, including terrain generation and navmesh, vegetation, UV and material authoring, LOD, collision mesh creation, post process and lighting.
- Strong organic and hard surface skills with an excellent eye for proportions and consistency.
- Robust knowledge of modular approaches and modular kit set organization and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal.
- Excellent understanding of memory, frame and polygonal budgets and scene profiling and optimization approaches.
- Deep understanding of game development process and methodology.
- Able to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment.
- Authorized to work in either the US or Canada
- Strong design and color theory principles a strong plus.
- Basic Unreal blueprint knowledge a plus.
- Ability to set up and animate simple environment objects like doors and fans in Unreal is a plus.
- Knowledge of procedural asset generation with software like Houdini a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work life balance
- Flexible Work-From-Home options
- Comprehensive family health coverage
Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. Brass Lion is a diverse and inclusive environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market – changing the landscape in interactive spaces and beyond. We are currently hard at work on an action RPG with a dope af anime aesthetic for next gen console and PC. We are currently entirely work-from-home during COVID 19, with a mix of a remote and co-located team structure planned when it’s safe to do so. We are headquartered in NYC and Montréal. We’re building a world class team, so even if this role isn’t for you – reach out to us! We want to hear from you.